Business Innovation and Investment visa – Provisional visa (188 Visa)
This is a temporary visa which allows you to:
• establish a new business or develop an existing business in Australia; or
• invest in Australia by making a designated investment with an Australian state or territory government or make and maintain complying investments in Australia;
• travel in and out of Australia for the life of your visa;
• bring family members with you to Australia; and
• seek permanent residence by applying for a Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
You must be nominated by a state or territory government and submit an expression of interest through SkillSelect, before being invited to apply for this visa.
This visa has three streams:
• Business Innovation stream: for people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
• Investor stream: for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD 1.5million in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
• Significant Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD 5 million into complying investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
You will not be eligible for any stream if you or your partner have a history of involvement in generally unacceptable business or investment activities.
- Business Talent visa – Permanent visa (132 Visa)
This business visa is a permanent visa for high calibre business people who are affluent owners or part owners of an overseas business who want to have a major management role in a new or existing business in Australia OR who have obtained at least 1 Million Australian dollars in funding from an Australian venture capital firm.
This visa is part of the Australian Business Innovation and Investment program. This program’s aim is to contribute to the growth of Australia’s economy by creating jobs, increasing export of Australian goods and services, increasing the production of goods and services in Australia, introducing new and/or improved technology, increasing competition and commercial activity, developing links with international markets and by bringing business migrants to Australia based on nominations by state and territory governments.
- Business Innovation and Investment visa – Permanent visa (888 Visa)
This business visa is the second stage of the Business Innovation and Investment visa and can be applied for after applicants have fulfilled the requirements of the provisional visa.